Win up to $300 in prizes every month by submitting a music video of a rendition, improv, song covers, melodies, or anything creative that you are working on. This contest is free to enter and open for global participants.
Kena is a community for aspiring musicians helping and growing together. Participating and getting recognized here matters.
1) Show us your creative side. Just shoot a video on your phone and upload it to win. We are not looking for studio-quality editing but good creativity. (Unlike other platforms, you are exposed to an audience of music practitioners and musicians here on Kena).
2) Promote your videos to get more likes that increases your chances of winning.
Terms and Conditions Agreement:
1) Start the video where we can visibly see you and audibly hear you saying "Hey Kena" and then play your song to establish the authenticity of the video. Or write ❤️ Kena (A heart followed by Kena) on a piece of paper and show it in a way that is clear and visible. Please do not video edit the text as we need one continuous video with you holding the paper and then starting the music. Here is an example of a qualified submission: video establishing authenticity and reasonable quality for submission.
2) Note that to qualify, we should be able to see you play the instrument or singing in person clearly. Kena has the right to disqualify the video if we cannot verify if you actually played or sing in the video.
3) The video should be posted on the community posts section of the Kena Opus app to qualify.
4) The contest starts on the 1st of every month and ends on the 20th of the same month. All entries should be submitted by the 20th. The remaining days of the month are used as the judging period.
5) Kena holds the right to disqualify any videos if the submissions are spam, fraud, or low-quality submissions.
6) For logistic's sake, we expect a minimum of 10 qualified videos to be available for a contest to be activated. If for a given month there are less than 10 qualified entries, then all the videos get rolled over to next month with no winners for the month which had less than 10 qualified videos.
7) All videos should be about 2-5mins on average for the duration of you playing the music. Any submissions above 5mins or below 2mins will not be qualified.
8) Any number of unique videos can be submitted to increase your chances of winning. Duplicate videos will be disqualified.
9) Same videos cannot be used for qualifying every month.
10) Submitted videos are final and you cannot delete or take down the video.
11) There is no purchase involved. You have to download or register to Kena Opus online to participate.
12) To qualify for the prize, make sure the quality of the video is visible and audible. Poor lighting or bad quality audio will not qualify.
13) Open to residents of the jurisdiction where lawful.
14) Employees of Kena are not eligible to win.
15) Kena's internal judges and A&R will choose the winning submissions and will be considered as final and cannot be disputed.
16) The prizes are in the form of eGift cards from any of the following merchants (Visa, Mastercard, Amazon, Apple, Walmart, and more...) and can vary as per availability of the prize and the global region of the winner. Kena determines the form of delivery and is not negotiable. The winner should be able to provide a valid email address, legal first and last name, and should be of legal age to receive the prize as per the law of the applicable jurisdiction.
17) Doctored videos, fake submissions, copyright breaches, or any other misappropriation will be subjected to removal of the submission, legal actions, and the user will be banned from the platform.
Limitation of liability and indemnification:
By participating in this contest, you hereby agree not to sue and unconditionally and irrevocably release, and forever discharge Kena (Kena Music Intelligence Inc. the company), Kena's Partners and their past, present and future parents, subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, agents, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, from any and all manner of liabilities, claims and demands of any kind or nature, whatsoever, in law or equity, whether known or unknown, which You (or Your assigns, agents and/or representatives) ever had, now have, or in the future may have against them, including, but not limited to claims arising out of or related to your participation in the Kena Music Video Challenge, including without limitation, any claims, demands and causes of action for invasion of privacy, false light privacy or violation of the right of publicity, defamation, infliction of emotional distress and any other tort in connection therewith (including, without limitation, any claims relating to or arising from any transportation by Kena and/or the Partners hereunder) and any costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, court costs, settlement and disbursements), and you hereby waive the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief against Kena or the Partners for any such matter. You agree that you shall indemnify and hold harmless Kena and the Partners from any loss or damage (including attorneys’ fees and costs) incurred by them in connection with any claim or lawsuit brought in connection with the matters released and discharged, or with any breach of Kena’s representations, warranties, and agreements in this Agreement.